[PEAK] peak.web status?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Nov 24 18:45:02 EST 2003

At 03:28 PM 11/24/03 -0800, John Landahl wrote:
>We're in really dire need of a web interface for our PEAK-based app, and
>so I was wondering about the status of peak.web.  How usable is it at this
>point?

It's suitable for experimentation.  It lacks error message templates, and
peak.web.templates only has a few rather primitive components available.

>   I've only glanced at the source code and unit tests before now, so
> wouldn't even know how to get started with it.

The main things you need to know are:

* How to set up security declarations (without them, you can't publish
anything)

* How to create decorators (subclassing web.Decorator adapters to create
custom "views" of your classes)

* How to use "resources" (templates, images, etc.)