[TransWarp] cvs name clash for src/persistence

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jun 19 17:18:23 EDT 2003

At 09:46 PM 6/19/03 +0300, alexander smishlajev wrote:
>hello!
>
>there appears to be a problem with 'persistence' directory name in current
>PEAK cvs repository.  (it affects only 'broken' OSes, but still...)
>
>i am using wincvs v1.2 on windows 2000.  when i do a clean checkout, i get
>the code from new persistence module, but first there comes 'Persistence'
>directory, making checkout directory and entry in src/CVS/Entries:

If you edit your 'src/CVS/Entries' so that it contains:

D/persistence////

(but not the capitalized version), delete the 'src/Persistence' directory,
and then 'cvs upd -dP', you should get a correct checkout.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do about this in the CVS
repository, without losing the ability to go back to older versions of PEAK.

But maybe I should reconsider this, since this would only be for versions
prior to 0.5a1, and so much has changed since then that prior versions are
of only historical interest.