[TransWarp] ZConfig and MS-like file paths

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 15 09:09:51 EDT 2003

At 02:20 PM 7/15/03 +0300, Yaroslav Samchuk wrote:
>Hello,
>
>we have some problems with ZConfig, trying to run it from command line on
>Win NT, using absolute paths:
>E:\src\Test>E:\Python22\python.exe E:\Python22\Scripts\peak ZConfig
>E:\src\Test\app_config.xml E:\src\Test\testfiles\SocketServer.cfg
>
>    raise exceptions.InvalidName(
>peak.exceptions.InvalidName: Unknown scheme E in
>Base(body='\\src\\Test\\app_config.xml',scheme='E')
>
>What is the way to specify absolute path for ZConfig in this case?

Unfortunately, when using drive letters on Windows, you must use 'file:'
before the drive letter, and replace the first backslash with a forward
slash, like this:

file:E:/src\Test\app_config.xml

I'm not sure why you have to replace the backslash with a forward
slash.  This may be a bug in Python's 'urllib' or in PEAK; I need to
investigate to find out which.