[TransWarp] runIni => ZConfig

alexander smishlajev alex at ank-sia.com
Fri Jul 11 13:19:58 EDT 2003

hello!

we have recently switched the way our application is launched from
'runIni' to 'ZConfig'.  it appears that composing an application at
runtime is much easier and prettier that way.  thanks to Phillip for
this suggestion!

one question remains, though.  is there a way to override global
configuration properties from ZConfig?

for example, in .ini file we could write 'peak.logs.* = SomeLogStream()'
and then a binding like 'bindToProperty("peak.logs.whatever")' would
take that object.

another example is registering interface providers like in '[Provide
Utilities]' section of .ini file.

is it possible to do this without creating an .ini file (or modifying
system-wide peak.ini)?  if yes, how it can be done?

best wishes,
alex.