[TransWarp] PEAK Tutor

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jan 3 10:23:07 EST 2003

At 10:18 AM 1/3/03 -0500, beno wrote:
>Hi, Philip (or did this make the list?);
>I'm looking for someone whom I can pay to tutor me. My project is to build
>a robust open-source shopping cart (and to train myself in the process).
>The tutor would have to have the time to help me (although the demands on
>time will not be great). S/he would have to be skilled in the following:
>* PEAK (as skilled as one can be in this new field)
>* Zope (hopefully with an understanding of Z3)
>* UML
>* Python
>* OOP/AOP
>* Functional Programming (would be nice)
>and someone who is a competent programmer. The way I will interact with
>this person is to ask for help when I get stuck (and it's too deep to
>request help from the d'lists). A worked example showing me my error (or a
>better way) will suffice; then I'll go work the rest of the program out
>with that example corrected. Then I'll come across another problem and the
>cycle will start again.
>
>I'm sure I won't require much of this tutor's time, but it's important
>s/he get back to me within a day or two to keep things moving. It's not
>like I don't have other things to do during down time ;)

For now, why don't you try posting your questions to this list?  The
answers to your questions about PEAK are likely to be of interest to
others.  Zope 3 questions might have to go to another list, though, as I
haven't even downloaded the alpha yet, nor begun to work on such issues as
integrating PEAK and Zope configuration and component architectures.