[TransWarp] Did PEAK Disturb Zope?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jan 1 18:05:09 EST 2003

At 06:18 PM 1/1/03 -0400, beno wrote:
>Hi;
>Here's a transcript from an otherwise unexplained problem I'm having with
>my Zope installation. The only thing I've done recently is instantiate
>PEAK. Could this be a bug?

Nope.  If you look at your traceback, it's having problems importing the
"os" module; there's no way PEAK could be responsible for that.  My guess
from your traceback is that the 'python' executable being used for Zope
doesn't know where its library is.  Debugging suggestions:

* Verify which copy and version of Python zctl.py is running; if it uses
"#![something]/env python", verify what version of Python is on your PATH.

* Run that exact copy of Python, and see if you get an 'import site'
failed; if so, try again with the -v option to get details.  This ought to
give you some hints as to what's messed up.