[TransWarp] Publish/subscribe and PEAK components

John Landahl john at landahl.org
Wed Aug 20 18:50:31 EDT 2003

I'd like to get some pointers on where it might be possible to add
publish/subscribe features to PEAK components.  I have a client/server
application where the client periodically asks the server for configuration
information and work.  Ideally I'd like the information exchange part of the
client to simply dump the data into the right place in the component
hierarchy and be able to have other parts of the client receive notifications
(callbacks would be fine) when the components they care about have been
changed.

Would it make sense to subclass binding.Component to add subscription methods
and an overridden __setattr__ function to handle the publications?  Or would
an entirely different approach be necessary?

John