[TransWarp] how to build a dynamic component container?

Matthias Drochner M.Drochner at fz-juelich.de
Tue Aug 19 10:41:04 EDT 2003

pje at telecommunity.com said:
> Yes, if the overall component structure is stable; i.e., doesn't
> change  once you've got it set up.

Yes, this can be assumed.

> Instead of using addaxis, just configure the
> axisgroup to have its axes set at construction time via a keyword argument

Hmm - I get the problem that the group members don't have individual
names in component space anymore. Eg with

ta1 = testaxis()
ta2 = testaxis()
ag1 = axisgroup(axislist = [ta1, ta2])
ag2 = axisgroup()
top = axisgroup(config.makeRoot(), "movetest", axislist=[ag1, ag2])

I end up with component names like
/movetest/axislist/axislist

Do I have to overload lookupComponent() in the axisgroup class
or something like that? The names could be passed as list by another
keyword argument, or by making the list consist of tuples...

best regards
Matthias