[TransWarp] PROPOSAL: Use PEP 282 'logging' as the core of PEAK's log management

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Apr 19 10:55:37 EDT 2003

At 10:10 AM 4/19/03 -0400, Ty Sarna wrote:
> > * AFAICT, it does everything we could do with 'peak.running.logs' or
> > 'AppUtils.Logging', as well as many things we thought about but never
>
>Proposal: Stop periodic proposals to switch to PEP 282 when it doesn't
>do what we need.

Which is what?

>Yes. which is why we decided PEP 282 was inadequate the last two times
>you wanted to switch.

Perhaps we hadn't studied it adequately.  I'm not aware of anything that
AppUtils.Logging or peak.running.logs does today, that can't be done in the
PEP 282 framework.

If you have a counterexample, I'd like to see it.  I tried to cover all of
our use cases in the proposal already; did I miss something?

If I did miss something, and it's something you told me about before, I
will be justifiably apologetic and embarassed.  :)