[TransWarp] Working on LDAPModel ...

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri May 17 08:15:24 EDT 2002

At 10:14 PM 5/16/02 +0200, Ulrich Eck wrote:
>I've added Schema-support. it works for Openldap and IBM Directory-Server
>with python-ldap 2.x. Very similar to using python-ldap is the ADSIModel
>that i started a few weeks ago ..
>
>It is not yet tested completely but the following things work so far:
>- adding types
>- modifying Attributes
>- deleting type (there are a few open questions)
>
>Are you interested, that i contribute these enhancements?

I'd certainly like to take a look at them, and see what I can learn from them.

>Another thing that i'm not yet shure about:
>Have you ever thought of using multiple connections per database and how
>to handle
>this situation. I see a need for this feature when you work (in a multi-
>user environment) with Database-Connections that need a seperate connection
>for each Transaction.
>
>Do you have an idea how to do this .. or how to extend the current scheme
>to be able to use this feature ???

I assume you're talking about some type of server which is handling
multiple transactions at the same time, like a multi-threaded
Zope.  Naturally, you would simply create an instance of your top-level
application object for each simultaneous instance you would like to
run.  This is basically what Zope does.  Like Zope, you'd create a pool of
top-level objects and draw on them to serve individual transactions,
returning them to the pool when done.