[TransWarp] policies for handline changing Records

Steve Alexander steve at cat-box.net
Sun Mar 10 16:33:16 EST 2002

Philliip wrote in the CVS commit logs:

 > 99% of the time, the policy for whether the record should be queued
 > vs. updating immediately will be determined in the Record, since it
 > ordinarily will be uniform across record types within the same record
 > manager.  In the other 1%, you can always delegate outward from the
 > Record._changedField method.

Can you expand on this please?

I'm particularly interested in what you mean by "queued vs updating
immediately", and how you see this being related to different types of
record.

This looks as if it follows a similar pattern to some things I've been
thinking about with respect to Zope3 ObjectHubs and indexing.

--
Steve Alexander