[TransWarp] Xmi files

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jun 5 21:12:48 EDT 2002

At 02:45 PM 5/29/02 +0000, Massimiliano Mecocci wrote:
>Hi,
>  I was wondering if it was possible to create a (class+aspect) diagram
> and save it in xmi format(or simply if xmi files containing
> aspect-oriented design exist). It'd be really useful to test my
> design-level metrics tool. Thanx!

Depending on what you're doing, the simplest way to model Aspects in UML is
probably by a "generalization" (i.e. inheritance) relationship between
packages.  This corresponds pretty well to TransWarp module inheritance.

It should also work with tools like PyReverse which convert existing Python
modules into XMI files; note that you'll have to add the module inheritance
relationships to the resulting diagrams by hand, however.