[TransWarp] Some additional changes this weekend...

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jul 19 21:33:42 EDT 2002

I've actually written down a substantial portion of the new PEAK tutorial's
outline this evening, but it has prompted a desire to change a few more
items in PEAK's layout and naming.  They're all pretty minor...

In the binding package:

bindToNames() -> bindSequence()    # emphasize/clarify its nature
WeakBinding() -> WeakRefBinding()  # ditto

New function: bindToUtilities(iface)  # [x for x in findUtilities(iface)]

Moves:

module inheritance API -> config   # fits the theme there *much* better!
binding.imports module -> naming   # ditto

So, you would use config.setupModule(), config.patchModule(), etc.  And if
you were for some reason using the importString/Object/Sequence functions
directly, you'd get them from naming instead of binding.

Last, but not least, some refactorings in the config package will take
place, to have only one default "local configuration" object, and to supply
it as the configuration for any component root that hasn't explicitly been
given a configuration via config.setLocal().

I think that pretty much covers it.  With these adjustments, the tutorial
will be able to flow smoothly from the binding package to the naming
package and finally the config package, with everything fitting together
thematically and usage-wise.

Any comments or questions, you know where to find me.  :)