[TransWarp] Re: [ZPatterns] Best Free UML, XMI, Zope/Transwarp tools

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jun 28 15:34:36 EDT 2001

At 10:35 AM 6/28/01 -0700, jimbo wrote:
>I've been  looking for a standard *FREE* tool that I can use to design
Zope apps.  I think my search is over.  It seems to be a good tool for
students because it's free and comes with support for Java, Persistence and
XMI, Full and partial exchange.

>  I wonder if Transwarp is at the point of being able to use UML/XMI stuff.

Well, the current CVS has a full UML metamodel in it, and the test suite
actually performs some operations such as creating a UML model, adding
items to a package, and so on.  But I still haven't rewritten the XMI
support.  I expect it to be another month or so before that shows up in CVS.

(By the way, the best place for discussion regarding TransWarp is the
mailing list TransWarp at eby-sarna.com, and the zope-dev list generally
frowns on crosspostings for discussion.  If you reply to this message, be
sure to only reply to transwarp at eby-sarna.com.  Thanks!)